say / state / claim / assert / contend / advocate / point out / mention / note / explain / elaborate on this by bringing up the point that / illustrates / demonstrate /
According to---, / In the article, it is said that / His position is that / His stance is that
dispute the claim / argument is challenged by 人
Secondly / Finally / However / Additionally / Moreover / Also / On top of that / In addition
１問目：Integrated essay template（20分、150～225words）
The reading and the lecture are both about ---. While the author of the article argues that --- and provides three supporting reasons, the lecturer disputes the claim mentioned in the article. His position is that---.
First, according to the reading---. The article mentions that---. This argument is challenged by the lecturer. He claims that---. Additionally, he points out that---.
Secondly, the author suggests ---. The article notes that---. The lecturer, however, asserts that---.
Finally, the author adds that---. The author contends/advocates that---. In contrast, the lecturers’ stance is ---. He says that---.
- For the past few decades, we have observed a major shift in climatic conditions of an Earth. It has been said that the drift in the environmental system is largely due to global warming which has become an acute problem nowadays.
- A complete ban on smoking in public space is a controversial issues as many people strongly support it while others disagree. Although some people claim that they have a right to smoke as they want, I believe that smoking in public places should be forbidden.
- In this day and age, --- has played an increasingly vital role in our society, drawing widespread attention. / which has become a highly debated issue.
- Most people agree that modern technology affects society in many different ways.
- In countries all over the globe, people use social networking services to share their ideas and opinions.
Personally, I believe that---. / I would agree with the idea that --- / In my opinion,
I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
To begin with / First of all, ---（理由を簡潔に）
For example, / For instance, / This was also true for me when … / My personal experience is a compelling example of this.
As my experience shows / Hence / Thus /
This example demonstrates how the Internet helps to strengthen democracy in the modern world.
Secondly, / Another reason for my assertion is that …
There is no denying that… However, it is obviously true that
Even though--- / Although there are obvious benefits brought by a ---, the disadvantages of ---far outweigh its benefits.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that---. This is because A and B.
In summary, while there are arguments to be made for both sides, the examples above lend credence to the view that ….
(1) personal choice（15秒準備、45秒回答）
I agree with the idea that… / I think it is better to… / I think it is a great/terrible idea to…
First… + A reason + A personal example
Secondly…: + A reason
(2)Campus Announcement （30秒準備、60秒回答）
According to the announcement/article/letter…This is because ___ and ___.” ：readingのまとめは10秒程度
There are two reasons why the man supports/opposes this change. / The male student disagrees with the announcement and gives two reasons why he is against it.
(The man has a mixed opinion of this change.)
First, he argues that…
Second, he adds that…
(For these reasons, he does not support the announcement of the admin office.)
(3)General to Specific（30秒準備、60秒回答）
The reading is about…. It states that …：readingのまとめは10秒程度
The professor elaborates on this by providing 2 examples.
To begin with, he mentions that…
Next, he says that…
The lecturer explain … by giving 2 examples.
First, she describes…
Second, she mentions…These examples demonstrate that..